(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: We really are in trouble now

Forum Admin, Expert Plumber Terry's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If a man speaks his mind in a forest, and no woman hears him, is he still wrong?

Last edited by Terry; 10-24-2010 at 05:13 PM.

Maybe not, but if he speaks in my neck of the woods and I am then Mayor, he stills pays.

WHO goes to the post office to put a stamp on a letter? And don't you have satellite post offices which are not that busy? It doesn't sound like you were doing too much to defuse the situation.

Actually, I am joking around with the Man Speak Tax, but in your case I will make an exception. First of all, it is my business why I go to the post office, secondly, the letter had to be weighed for I had pics enclosed of my grandson I had taken for him, thirdly, I certainly did try to diffuse the situation, but nothing no one could had said to him, would had made him not an asshole. I am of the old school, I believe in treating customers and people in general with kindness and respect. He did not.

I did call and report him, also. I really don't want to see anyone else, regardless of gender, being treated so unreasonably. I deserve an apology from him, to be honest.

And, a Bart Simpson stamp.

Also, HJ, there are many people out of work who would treasure his job, and if someone like him, doesn't want it, ( actions speaking) then he should move on. Give it to someone who will appreciate it.

General Engineering Contractor ballvalve's Avatar

Bart Simpson on a stamp? If I was that guy I would toss them all in the trash. He did you a favor, since kids under the age of 21 have no business watching that sarcastic defamation of all things once sacred.

Why not get a Jane Austen or a Shakespeare stamp, or a Roy Rodgers next time? You would not be supporting Americas debased, deranged ideas for public art, and you might inspire that recipient to find something to READ rather than rot his brain on TV.

Tell us the post office so we can write in and thank that guy for trying to save you from our deeply disturbed system.

If you are of the old school, you would know better than to support a system that creates trash stamps.

Try Donald Duck, Chip and Dale, Yosemite, and author stamps. Even the three stooges would be a huge upgrade for your grandson from Bart derangement.

If you insist on buying garbage bart stamps, they should be priced at $7.80 each for a standard 44 cent version. The profits can go to Ian to redistribute to the blameless poor, and provide counceling for Americas future juvenile delinquents.
    Last edited by ballvalve; 10-24-2010 at 03:35 AM.

Senior Robin Hood Guy Ian Gills's Avatar

Don't get me involved in this.

And I don't want the money. The Government does, to do its constitutional duty and provide entitlements to its citizens, like decent education, healthcare, a living wage and a pension.

But if you must insist on not having these things, because you live in the false hope that you too will be rich one day and can't stand the idea of having to give any of your new found wealth to people less fortunate than you, then go ahead. Dream on.

I'm not a witch.

Last edited by Ian Gills; 10-24-2010 at 06:07 AM.

I bet you never watched the Simpsons. They are funny! No worse than South Park, or even the 3 Stooges was, sometimes, you just got to laugh and not take things so seriously. I have collected stamps since I was a young girl with my dad. My dad fought in Anzio and lost his hearing when he came out, and was shell-shocked for years. It was something I could do with him. So, we bought plane stamps, any kinds etc. The selection was not like it is today. What we also used to do together was laugh... We would watch Ma and Pa Kettle, oh, he loved that Pa... and would laugh at him. I used to tell him what he was doing and saying. My dad would had loved the Simpsons. He had a great sense of humor and was a terrific man. Far and few in between today.

I don't understand why you condone rudeness and ill-treatment of a person and customer. What is that teaching the youth. People are so aggressive today, people need to laugh more; laughter is the best medicine. Not everything in life needs to be or should be educational. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy...

P.s. By the way, it wasn't for my grandson, lol, it was for my son. He is quite old enough

Quote Originally Posted by ballvalve View Post
    Bart Simpson on a stamp? If I was that guy I would toss them all in the trash. He did you a favor, since kids under the age of 21 have no business watching that sarcastic defamation of all things once sacred.

Why not get a Jane Austen or a Shakespeare stamp, or a Roy Rodgers next time? You would not be supporting Americas debased, deranged ideas for public art, and you might inspire that recipient to find something to READ rather than rot his brain on TV.

Tell us the post office so we can write in and thank that guy for trying to save you from our deeply disturbed system.

If you are of the old school, you would know better than to support a system that creates trash stamps.

Try Donald Duck, Chip and Dale, Yosemite, and author stamps. Even the three stooges would be a huge upgrade for your grandson from Bart derangement.

If you insist on buying garbage bart stamps, they should be priced at $7.80 each for a standard 44 cent version. The profits can go to Ian to redistribute to the blameless poor, and provide counceling for Americas future juvenile delinquents.
    Last edited by Cookie; 10-24-2010 at 07:43 AM.

Forum Admin, Expert Plumber Terry's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I love watching the Simpson's. Some of their shows really get to what is happening without all the hypocrisy.
    And there have been some very touching shows about Christianity too, they cover everything. The minister next door when they thought the city was being destroyed, and how he left the shelter so one more could fit in? That was a classic. It made the others realize how selfish they were acting, and one by one they joined the minister. Very touching. Oh.......and they all lived in the end.

So now I need some Bart Simpson stamps.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Terry; 10-24-2010 at 05:10 PM.

I got Bart Simpson stamps and the next letter I had to mail was a sympathy card. They work fine for my phone bill though.

Phone bill is good... lol. Good choice in not the Sympathy... I hate my phone bill. Well, I talked to my son and he got the letter! I really didn't have much hope in that. I asked him, " is it normal looking? is their like spit on it? or ripped to pieces? is it messed up looking? Is their swear words written on it?" He asked why, I was asking those things, and he was laughing when I told him, it was all because of Bart Simpson.

This post office has a Stamp Nazi. ( seinfied...no stamp (soup) for you. I guess I didn't do it right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2lfZg-apSA
    Last edited by Terry; 10-24-2010 at 02:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    If a man speaks his mind in a forest, and no woman hears him, is he still wrong?
    No question about it! And anything the man says after the woman has had the last word....that starts a whole new argument.

General Engineering Contractor ballvalve's Avatar

Okay, so the Simpsons are the Mad magazine of the 60's I suppose. But at least a kid had to READ that, not be hypnotized on the tube. Some of the shows are genius and some are way off base...

Point being, You would never have seen Alfred E Newman on a USPS stamp, and I pray we never do. Our postal service is deeply disturbed to have stamps for a show that is CURRENT, at the very least.

Don't you guys think stamps should use themes that rise to a much higher cultural and personage level?

So shall we have South Park stamps? Saturday night live? Maybe a CNN,FOX and HLN stamps? A TOTO stamp? Flusholet? Perhaps with Oprah Winfrey testing it out? [that one I would buy]

The only reason they are doing this is to make a buck in their failing system.

And, they really are only sold in books of $7.80 or so each. Go to the USPS website it appears to be the only trash stamp for sale. They do have a nice "sunday funnies" book too.

Watch the news, maybe that Postal guy is getting ready to really go Postal.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by Terry; 10-25-2010 at 10:10 AM.

I got all kinds of stamps.
    Last edited by Cookie; 10-25-2010 at 10:26 AM.

Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Gills View Post
    What a mess.

Don't worry, the right people are prospering from all of this.
    Read what the end of this sentence means.