High Density Foam for Tub Installation

Users who are viewing this thread

MikeG

Reaction score
I have decided to use a pro to install our whirlpool tub in our bathroom remodel. This morning I did a walkthrough with the plumber of the installation. It is a Kohler whirlpool tub (6' Miraposa drop-in). He said that he usually uses high density foam under the tub rather than mortar. He said that all that is needed is support under the tub to prevent it from flexing and that mortar will not hold it in place any better.

Based on the Kohler instructions they do not mention foam as an installation alternative. Is this a proper installation method?

Thanks, Mike

MikeG

Reaction score
HJ - Thanks for the response. I was going to pick it up for the plumber to save him a trip. He said it was the stuff that comes in the cans. Is this the same foam as the Great Stuff used for window & door insulation?

Mike

PEW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Don't think you want to use the "window and door" foam, it stays soft and will not give any support.

Paul

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks