Should be criminal...no words are even necessary

Users who are viewing this thread

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
I'll be frank Cookie. The part of your story that angers me the most is the impact illness has had on your standard of living and the complete failure of the Government to help.

One of the main reasons people lose their homes in this country is illness.

There are two things that make me shake my head in disbelief:

1) the fact Americans have to pay for their healthcare. Or, in simple terms, catching cancer = you become broke

and

2) lack of social safety nets which means if you do fall ill and are unable to work, the only thing to eat is your savings.

Civilized countries provide support to their citizens in both these areas. In other words, free healthcare and disability allowances should be a right for every national in a country as rich as this and not just those that were lucky enough to have served in the armed forces.

Oh, and if you join the army they'll pay for you to go to school afterwards as well. Unbelievable.

Everyone else is out of luck.

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
Nah, you got some wrong there. One, what made me go broke was my doctor who didn't diagnosis my husband with high blood pressure and caused his death. He had the silent killer. And, being, he was an engineer, lol, well... he wasn't always focused, to be polite to him. But, the doctor did the damage all the way around. I blame him. He went to medical school, he was supposed to be smart enough to know to take this man's BP. Sure, my husband should had been smart enough to know that he wasn't, but who was the medical person here? He designed electrical. Give him a lightning bolt and he could had harnassed its power but, he was not on spot with his BP. He paid a man/a doctor to do it for him. So, between this man who shamefully calls himself a doctor took everything fom me. My husband. My kids dad. My friend. The man at nights we would discuss math and science theories, I miss that. My kids miss their dad. But, he also, removed my life security. Financial security. Hell, I am a teacher. Everyone knows what I make. It sometimes doesn't pay with the grief I take from parents. I wear many hats trying to keep it all together. I finished educating my kids. They did 5 years each. I still live in the home we bought together, just without him I struggle in doing so. But, if I was a giver-upper by now, with Non Hodgkins, we all know, I would be dead, so, why would I give up paying off my house?

I don't depend on anyone. But me. I don't want the state's help, nah, aint for me. I stand on these size 6 red stiltettos' all myself. The only complaint I got really is about the doctor, and the law field which is just about the most shadiest field ever. That is all about money.

My husband didn't matter to any of them. It didn't matter to the doctor that I was left trying to save his life. He took no accountablitly in the matter.

It isn't the state which caused my financial woes. It is the doctor. For one, I was on my husband's insurance. Well, once he died, I was booted off. Sure, pick up Cobra but at 900 a month on my salary for how long? But, I am slick. Even though the insurance companies hate people like me, cause I cost them tons of money, I make them pay. I pay their preminums, they pay my bills like chemo, scans, etc, pain pills, to numb the pain of the doctor who did this to my husband, and to me, and to my kids.

I don't blame the state or the US. I tried my best to do everything to make him accountable for my husband's death. All I want is justice. I want the man to look me in the eye and tell me why he never took my husband's bp in 11 years. I need to hear it. And, then I need to get a very high pair of stilettos so, I can reach his face, when I slap him.

If this man had to pay me in monetary value for his medical negliglence, to be honest, their isn't enough of it. But, I will take all he got and give it to my kids and the heart association.

I can't bring him back, I can't fill the void that is left in my life, the doctor took 2 lives that night. My husband's and mine. On my wedding day, when the priest said, to death do you part, I shook my head no... never.

I really liked him. I was crazy about him.
Sometimes, I blame myself, for not knowing, he wasn't being taken care of properly. So, now, I make it my mission in life, even though MOST people get their BP's taken, to realize their are those who don't. And, they die. And, they hurt everyone around them.

So, that night the bad doctor took my life, too. He goes home to his family everynight, while I ride past and see people's lights on in their homes, seeing families, and I wonder what I did wrong.

It wasn't the state's fault. I don't expect my country to take care of me, or my kids, but, I do expect the doctor's to do their jobs, and when they don't, I do expect to have the right to sue the pants off of them for all the pain they caused.

Cookie

Reaction score
One thing I should add, is I am challenging the Statue of Limitations in my state. And even though I have been told by numerous lawyers that I won't be able to do it, that I don't know how to write a brief, don't know how to file things, they just don't know me.

Arlen Specter and I go back aways... he has Lymphoma and so do I. He can't help me on this one, but, he could be my lawyer. I offered to hire him, and since, I didn't want to insult him the pay is nothing but a a great deal of gratitude.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks