What no party?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Cookie

Reaction score
Americans don't understand ...

LONDON (Reuters Life!) – Queen Elizabeth has canceled a planned Christmas party at Buckingham Palace after deciding it would be inappropriate to celebrate as ordinary Britons feel the pinch from tough economic times.

I am still having my Christmas party I am just serving chipped ham sandwiches instead of steak. :)

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
They must have turned her down for Food Stamps or, the equivalent program over there...
Somehow I doubt any monarch can be sensitive to the suffering of the commoners...

Isn't that what got them booted out of so many of their colonies?

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
Washington wanted to be King and it worked pretty well.

We have our Queen, chosen by birth. You have your President, chosen by big business.

So go on and feel free, but you know you are not.

Sorry to break your American dream. But it is just that...a dream.

You ain't ever gonna get rich and the big man is gonna tell you what to do.

God Save the Queen! God Save the President!

God Save America! Made in England's image.

Last edited:

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
It's a pity you Brits can't take care of your beloved queen in the manner to which she has become accustomed...

Here in the US where roughly 1/2 the voters hate the president every election we manage to take care of them quite nicely...

White+House+Hosts+First+Black+Tie+Dinner+National+zhmpx0JTJYGl.jpg

seder_blog.jpg

green-white-house-state-dinner-india-photo.jpg

Even when they decide to throw a picnic on the front lawn they pull it off in style...

9d9739784f309b028a3a5c03dd9b.jpeg

For all this talk of loving your queen you Brits sure have a funny way of showing it...

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
Look at all that cutlery. Shame they don't know how to use it.

Good for show though.

I salute America and her President.

And I salute England and the Queen.

There really is no difference. Although I know you don't like to think so.

One monarch has simply been replaced by another.

And I love it.

I was shocked the other day to read that there are actually small groups in America that believe the Federal Government and IRS are unconstitutional. And threaten to raise militia to crush them. With the help of sheriffs as, apparently, is their constitutional duty. Wow.

Last edited:

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
Look. This is what happens if you run out of good Queen ideas and move on to dumb Republic ones.

This just about sums up everything we need to put right in America. We need more taxes. And proper, trained, salaried firefighters. And social responsibility. And people that know how to use a knife and fork. And liquor sales on Sundays. And the right to get out of your car if the police stop you. And y'all need to stop getting so wound up about spongers. Who cares if you have to pay a little to help a neighbor out?

God Save the Queen. And Gene.

Last edited by a moderator:

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
This just about sums up everything we need to put right in America. We need more taxes. And proper, trained, salaried firefighters. And social responsibility. And people that know how to use a knife and fork. And liquor sales on Sundays. And the right to get out of your car if the police stop you. And y'all need to stop getting so wound up about spongers. Who cares if you have to pay a little to help a neighbor out?

Awww Ya Gotta Feel Sorry For Mr. Cranick....

First he lives in an area where he needs to pay a fee for his fire protection...
Not many places like that but it is how it is structured where he lives....

Last time he had a fire and hadn't paid the fee it was waived until the next day and they put the fire out....
He went on down and paid it the next day...

Now this time he's out burning trash in the yard n catches the dang house on fire but he had "forgot to pay the fee again" and they wouldn't come out n "put water on the fire"

But when the fire spread n threatened a neighbors house they did come out and protect the neighbors house who didn't forget to pay...

Now the good part...
Mr. Cranick did remember to pay his fire insurance bill so his loss is covered...
However, he saved a little money there as well and didn't quite buy enough coverage....

[video=youtube;0gxKStPXyn8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gxKStPXyn8[/video]

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
This is almost enough for me to move to England. Our "public servants" are pathetic parasites.

They charge us 80$ a year fire fee, but still they do not have a system here to exclude those that do not pay. That fire department needs a huge lawsuit.

I knew long ago that I am on my own when it comes to fire protection, so roof sprinklers, fireproof exterior construction, and generators saved 3 of my properties in the 100 year wildfire that fanned over my house with 200' high flames.

Still, I had to fight the Gestapo police and sheriffs in order to have the "right" to protect my lands, until the flames came over the ridge and they ran away like scared cats. Fortunately I had a white ford explorer with some numbers on the door, a nice red hard hat and a yellow firemans jacket in the garage to wear while driving between properties inside the sacred fire lines. [three day fire] Just a salute and wave to the gestapo then gave me free passage between properties.

ABSOLUTELY, if I had not played the game and risked my life, all I had built and worked for for 30 years would be toast.

Out of +/- 30 houses in the immediate area, mine was the only one left. 3 or 4 others nearby survived, and they later put up big cardboard signs saying "thank you firefighters!"

make me puke - I was there in the firestorm and NO firefighters were within miles. Sheer luck.

However, Ian, taxes will have no influence on the stupidity and narrow mindedness of the public security forces. You cannot PURCHASE common sense.

Lest a fireman take offense, this is not in a city, but rather a vast wilderness, where the game plays out much different. I have burned brush piles the size of a city block, which methinks would be unusual in say, Boston. Neighbors did'nt bat an eye.

Rethought; Compton, California was burned to the ground by its residents because a drunken, drug addicted violent criminal named Rodney King got smacked by the cops a few times. The fireman did not respond because they were afraid to enter the zone of insanity.

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
lol, I was just clipping coupons and came across a dollar off on a box of depends. I can save you a buck. :)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks