Well acting funny.

Users who are viewing this thread

alexander7567

Reaction score
We had a jet pump and renovated it to a submersible pump well. The well is not very deep. The water is only about 50ft from the ground and the water is around 20ft deep. We connected a new 20gal pressure tank and set the pressure switch to about 35/45 because we don't know how much pressure the lines can take yet. The pressure tank has 27lbs of air in it (which i know is too low, will work on that tonight)

It worked fine for a few minutes. Then it started acting funny. If i turn the water on the lines will run out of pressure. The pump is still running and the switch is still on, but around 30lbs of pressure water stops coming up from the lines. also when it is running out of water, after it reaches 25lbs of pressure instantly bounces to 15lbs.

If I leave the fuse off for a while and turn it back on it fills up fine to the 45lb mark and cuts off. Then as i run water it fills up until it reaches the 30lb mark and stops pumping water (but pump is running) and we run out of water again. sometimes it will pump up to the 30lb mark again (no further with the pump still running), but usually just runs out of water.

Could the pressure tank not having enough air be causing that? What could cause this?

I know its a bit confusing, but i need help! we have been almost a week without water!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks