I get a continuous flow of water from the backwash drain pipe (Culligan Medallist)

Users who are viewing this thread

toddomel

Reaction score
My Culligan water softener all of a sudden has continuous flow of water going through the drain pipe. Not sure what is causing this problem. I noticed this once my water bill doubled from the month previous...any ideas?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
You may get more 'hits' if you post in the softener section. It sounds like the control valve is stuck. Could be the motor has died, a gear broke, or something similar. Now, why that happened may be because the valve is stuck, which jammed things up. Have you tried to force a regen and watched to see if things work?

You probably want to put this in bypass until you resolve it, or your water bill might be even more nasty next time.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks