Rough Plumbing for Delta multiple shower heads in Tub/Shower?

Users who are viewing this thread

jsarin1

Reaction score
I am installing plumbing in my bath to include two showerheads instead of 1. I have attached 2 diagrams of how the lines will be setup. Does this look ok to you guys? Will there be any problems I should consider with this setup? The dotted line represents copper line I am running above the drywall ceiling of the shower.

I have looked into the jetted diverter that has an additional outlet on it, but I believe that is for shower only setups.

I will be using the Addison Tempassure 17T Tub/Shower Trim (T17T492-RB), the Addison 3-setting diverter (T11992-RB), and the slidebar Handheld as the secondary showerhead (54713-RB).

Thanks in advance for the advice...this forum has helped so much in my renovations!!

http://www.deltafaucet.com/bath/customshowers.html

For help creating your ideal shower experience, download or print Delta's Custom Shower Design Guide.
links added by Terry

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 23,155
  • untitleda.jpg
    untitleda.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 18,737
Last edited by a moderator:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
If the diverter has an opening on the right side, which we cannot see, it CANNOT be capped, but must be teed into one of the other outlet pipes, probably the primary shower riser in your case.

jsarin1

Reaction score
Hj...

Which of the following will work?

A) untitledA.JPG

or

B) untitledB.JPG

Sorry I wasn't clear on your suggestion...
I was thinking to add a Female 1/2" Adapter to that open end and just cap it. Thanks for the heads up...

Thanks again!

Last edited:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
On your first diagram, the primary showerhead would always have water when any shower is activated. Are you using a diverter tub spout? If not, then I think you'd want to run each of the outputs to one of the diverter ports: tub, primary, secondary. The order you attach them would determine which one came on when. Note that with a diverter valve, you can end up with a slug of cold water in the line, since it can't drain back to the tub spout and out. This can be quite disconcerting after you get the tub spout temp just right, then switch to the shower!

jsarin1

Reaction score
I will be using a diverter tub spout...in that case, can you clarify if I should be making any changes to the routing of my lines?

Also, HJ if you can comment, which of the two diagrams looks ok for teeing the open end of the diverter valve?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
If I was using a 3-port diverter, I think I'd use a straight tub spout...one less thing to go wrong. If you are keeping the tub spout, then the second drawing should work.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks