(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: DWV Rough-in

Default DWV Rough-in

I am finishing off some new space that was added to the second story of my house, and will be creating a master bedroom suite from this space and an existing bedroom. I plan on moving the current bathroom and adding a new bathroom for the master bedroom. The plan is to run the waste lines in the same direction as the floor joists to minimize the need for boring holes. The two toilets will be on one 3" waste line, the first approx 3 feet from the stack, the other approx 10 (11?).

There are two back-to-back closets in the foyer and kitchen on the first floor below that have ceilings about one foot shorter than the other rooms. I am assuming that this was to allow for the connections to the stack in the current bathroom above.

The joists are 2 X 10. I believe I am correct that I will have the space to run this line, and still maintain the proper slope, but would like confirmation.

Thanks.

You will know a lot more when you open things up...but in terms of slope...you need 2Ĺ" over ten feet, so top to bottom a 3
    pipe needs just 6" of 'wiggle room'.

Trying to do the plumbing for ONE bathroom between joists would be difficult for a DIYer, doing TWO and doing them correctly may be almost impossible, and your statement about where the two toilets will be sort of reinforces the opinion that YOU are not a plumber, but actually believe anyone can do plumbing if the know how to put two pieces of pipe together.

HJ,

Have you always been this big a prick, or did you have to get special training? I didnít say I was doing the work myself. I am just kicking around some ideas for a floor plan and want to know if this is even an option.

Name:  depot.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  15.8 KB

You can do it......We can help
    Perception is 3/4 of reality

YOU do the floor plan, and the plumber will figure out how to do the plumbing, and will suggest revisions if there are insurmountable problems. If you are not going to do it, then it is NOT your problem. Architects NEVER worry about how we are going to install the plumbing when they draw the houses. No special training, just 60 years of experience working on it, but my wife's uncles, who were journeymen working under me while I was an apprentice would probably tell you I had a head start.