Toilet height clearance

Users who are viewing this thread

asenk

Reaction score
Hi,
I have two bathrooms which have a counter that goes over the toilet. See pics..

IMAGE_107.jpgIMAGE_105.jpg

The height between the floor and the counter is about 31.5 ".

I'm deciding on getting Aquia III or Drake II, but it seems like the clearance height is not enough for the Aquia III. The specs say it is 32 5/16" which won't fit at all. The drake II according to the spec is 30 1/4" which will fit, but its quite close to the top. I dont know if i'll have room to even lift the cover off.

Is there another toilet , with a shorter tank, I should consider given the height limitations here? Or should I be ok with this?

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
You might be able to get the top off, but you probably wouldn't have enough room to stick your hand in there to replace the flapper valve. Depending on your water, that may be awhile. Pulling the toilet to do it is kind of a pain. What you could do is cut and hinge that section of counter. That solid surface stuff is not that hard to cut, polish, and manipulate. Then, as long as it would fold back flat, you'd have plenty of room for anything that would fit underneath.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
If you are looking for a tall bowl, one that will fit under the counter,
TOTO Ultramax II, MS604114CEFG 28-3/4"
TOTO Soiree, MS964214CEFG, 27-3/4"
TOTO Supreme ADA MS864114L, 25-1/2"

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
If there is not enough room to replace the flapper or fill valve, then all that is necessary is to remove the tank, NOT the entire toilet, to do the repairs. The low flush toilets require more height to create the flush pressure, since they cannot do it with water volume, so the tanks have to be higher.

asenk

Reaction score
Is there any difference between ultramaxII , supreme II, and drake II besides height? All have double cyclone. Is one the better performer?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
They are pretty similar.
Anything 500 grams on the MaP test is good.
Watersense ratings start at 350 grams.
The Drake II, which is pretty tall has a little better MaP rating, however, the trapway and the parts inside the tank are the same as the Ultramax II.
I sell a lot of the Ultramax II, and have one in my main bathroom.

asenk

Reaction score
If i put in a Ultra Max II which is 28 3/4 in height, how easy would it be to replace parts inside if I needed to one day? Would you say there enough room to do so by looking at the pictures?

Why is it the shorter the tank, the more expensive it is?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
It appears that it would be the height of your current toilet which appears to have adequate room for servicing it. The manufacturers can charge whatever they want. It does not have to have any correspondence to the design of the item. However, items with less demand WILL cost more because of the "economies of scale" for small production runs.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks