Replacment Toliet

Users who are viewing this thread

dkeath

Reaction score
Replacing a plug prone older American Standard 1.6 gallon toilet. I have looked at all the reviews I can find and am leaning towards using one of the brands that use the Flush-master system. I have not seen any reviews on the Glacier Bay model. Does any one have experience with the Glacier Bay Toilets? Also I have read good reviews on the Gerber Ultra Flush. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
The Toto Drake II Model # CST454CEFG ADA height toilet with CEFIONTECT and Double Cyclone Flush available at Toto Dealers not "Big Box Stores"

Dlarrivee

Reaction score
The Toto Drake II Model # CST454CEFG ADA height toilet with CEFIONTECT and Double Cyclone Flush available at Toto Dealers not "Big Box Stores"

I like the extra height personally, I don't have a Toto but I do have a high toilet...

Is it really weird to have one of these in a home without disabled persons living there?

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Not at all. The so-called standard height are popular with shorter people, but the higher models are becoming more popular all the time. The Toto line is an excellent choice. The Drake models are especially popular. As noted by in a previous answer, the Toto toilets are not sold by discount big box stores. Most of these discount stores promote the "builder grade" toilets which are cheap, but are real dogs.

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
I agree.

Go to a real plumbing supply house and buy something like a Cadet 3.

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
And disagree more often than not with you Redwood.

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
And I always do what nurses and female police officers tell me.

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
Oh, I thought you said uniformed.

Plumbing is easy. I bought a book on it.

And a friend of mine has a dad whose brother-in-law is a plumber.

I don't touch the electrics though. That's for really clever people.

FargoFan

Reaction score
Since 2008 I've owned a Kohler Pressure Lite with a one-gallon flush. I have zero complaints; it's an excellent, excellent choice.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The Kohler Pressure Lite with Flushmate should be fine.

I sell a heck of a lot more Toto Drakes though.
I'm with hj, why buy anthing but a fan that has the name Glacier Bay on it?
Life has enough problems.

Repeat buyers keep coming back for the Toto.
What am I going to do? Tell them no?
They just keep selling.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I like the Kohler Wellworth with class 6 flushing for a competitive toilet. what is the general opinion?

The general opinon is that the Toto Drake is more troublefree then the Wellworth.
I don't like the design of the Wellworth trapway.

Head to head, the Toto will plug less.

Maddog

Engineer
Reaction score
I recently put a Wellworth in for my mother-in-law. She bought it on the recommendation of a "pro" (contractor friend) for a little-used guest bath. The flush and bowl wash seem pretty good for a cheaper toilet, but I'm a bit leary of that flush cannister. Flappers are easy to replace.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks