Dual Flush conversations...?

Users who are viewing this thread

Donn2390

Reaction score
OK, I saw a conversation kit to convert any toilet to a dual flush. It was at HD, and they had a huge promotion pushing these things. Don't recall the name, but they were cheap....
I'm guessing I will see this product destroyed by the pros in here. Let's hear the facts....
Thanks...

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
A (good) dual-flush toilet has a much smaller bowl volume than a stock single flush toilet's bowl. This is so that when choosing a smaller flush, it can still actually flush, and totally empty the bowl. That is not going to happen with a traditional toilet. It will not totally empty the bowl. Now, if you can stand having it only partially emptied, and then diluted...go for it.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I see giant income potential in this product!

Since the only toilets that this dual flush product will work well on is a dual flush toilet I see money!
Homer's crew will no doubt promote this product as the best thing since sliced bread to every homeowner regardless of whether their toilet is a 3.5 or, 1.5 gallon per flush toilet and sell.... sell sell...

Unfortunately these homeowners are going to come home and start on their easy peasy project....

Then as usual they will discover like they usually do that removing the tank has a few little things that befuddle the typical home owner or, if they are very good in their abilities they will actually manage install it before finding out the toilet will now not flush...

In either case when it happens...

It's Showtime Baby!

I'll be there to make some $$$

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks