Well location

Users who are viewing this thread

bdryer

Reaction score
Is it possible to cut the well casing below grade, build a cover, bury it and drive over it?

Wallskev

Reaction score
Termination Height of well casing or drive pipe

I attempted to get approval of a similiar installation in NY state and was rejected. My design would have put the well head ina concrete pit with a heavy duty steel and concrete cover. It was rejected by the authorities with the following notations in teh letter.

Termination Height: The well casing or drive pipe must be terminated to extend at least 12-
inches above the permanent ground grade. This 12 incles must account for any landscaping around the well, so be sure to leave some extra pipe so the final pipe height is at least 12-inches above
the ground.

The well Cap: The top of the pipe must be sealed with a vermin-proof cap such as a threaded cap that will prevent the entry of insects and mice. A sanitary well seal with compressible
gaskets must be used for installation.

The attached drawing was given to me at that time.

==============

In Summary "Don't do it." work around it.

Kevin

Attachments

• Well Head.jpg
    Well Head.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 1,264

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
I have a few wells in pits, concrete lids or steel, but since its mountainous here, all of them were able to be drained to daylight with a screened cover.

The inspector does not like them and looks at your drain scheme carefully.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks