Back outlet toilet questions

Users who are viewing this thread

txag

Reaction score
I am installing a back-outlet toilet as part of a remodelling project. The toilet is a Kohler K-3554-0 model. I currently have a (capped) 3-inch PVC DWV pipe protruding from the wall and it is finally time to select a flange and gasket for installing the toilet.

For the flange, I am considering either the 888-P or the 888-GPM from Sioux Chief. Also, once I select the flange, what is the best way to support it? The pipe receiving the flange is anchored fairly well has very little "give" in any direction, but I am still sorely tempted to build a 2x4 cage for it anyway. I tend to over-engineer everything and I would appreciate some suggestions before I blow this out of proportion.

The other concern I have is the centerline of the DWV pipe. My understanding is that missing the centerline on these things is a very bad thing. The Kohler guide calls for a 4-inch rough-in height. The stone floor coming out met this requirement, but the replacement porcelain tile is substantially thinner (about 7/16"). Is there anything I can use as a "shim beneath the toilet to compensate for the differential that will still look decent?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks