Need help Removing Stem Glacier Bay 728-075 Faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

raj49

Reaction score
I have a Glacier Bay # 728-075 faucet thats leaking. I believe its Exclusive to Home Depot. After I removed the tip, I did'nt see a set screw or any retaining screw so I can remove the handle in order to access the stem and replace the seats, spring or stem.

How do you disassemble these?

Any help appreciated!

Theres no set screw or anything in there I can pry further:

Last edited by a moderator:

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
The barrel shaped section under the lever unscrews. originally was put on hand tight, but you might need a strap wrench to not scratch the chrome.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
It MAY be Glacier Bay, but it looks like a knockoff of a Moen Monticello, and if so the big "barrel" unscrews from the faucet and the handle comes up with it.

raj49

Reaction score
It MAY be Glacier Bay, but it looks like a knockoff of a Moen Monticello, and if so the big "barrel" unscrews from the faucet and the handle comes up with it.

So the Bigger bottom part unscrews or the part right under the lever I unscrewed?

raj49

Reaction score
Ok so this isnt Moen but Glacier Bay. The bulging barrel part turns with the handle during normal use so Im not sure about this one.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
It should NOT . Yours is stuck. Need to hold the lever, turn the bulge without rotating the lever.

Glacier Bay tech support 1-888-328-2373

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
If it does not come off that way, then the only other way would be if it had small Allen screws somewhere, and it would usually be below the handle so they did not have to make two different handles. Yours does NOT show these. Good luck with "tech support", I once ordered a faucet diverter and got two stems.l

Jerome2877

In the Trades
Reaction score
The handle just pulls off, try rocking it back and forth while pulling up. There will be a screw underneath holding a plastic adapter on the stem.

ilya

In the Trades
Reaction score
GB's tech support leaves much to be desired. I once spent 32 minutes with them before they understood that the cartridge was faulty. It took two months to get the replacement. I reccomend my clients stay away from GarBage.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks