Safety Valve Sticking in Closed or Up Position

Users who are viewing this thread

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
Right now water level is higher than Gary suggests (I do have a salt grid/platform) by a few inches due to this mess, so I'll need to get some out to get it to the right level. Any tricks here, siphon won't work. Got some soft water now, will be back on line by end of week.
I didn't suggest, I used examples and asked for your salt dose lbs, which you haven't mentioned again.

Leave the water in the salt tank and use it for a regeneration. Your resin has not been fully regenerated since the air suction leaks started and it needs more salt to regenerate it. From what you say as to how high the water is you shouldn't have to unplug the control in the Brining position.

BTW, there is no way that the parts inside the compression nuts can be folded over etc.. One has a sharp end and probably an angled split in it. It goes on the brine line with the sharp/pointed end pointing toward the inside of the nut. The back end is thicker. The other part has a thicker end and it goes on the brine line so the thicker ends of both parts are butted against each other.

Milanomike

Reaction score
Thanks again guys, will let it regen and see how it settles out. I'm pretty sure the salt dose is 9lbs, but when I went to check wasn't sure how to determine, probably need to review my notes. Either way, looks like I've got the problem solved.

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
brine refill rate X minutes = gallons into brine tank
1 gallon of water per 3 lbs of salt

Often most will agree that 6lbs of salt will give a capacity of 20,000 per cubic foot.

Milanomike

Reaction score
Right, should have remembered it's the refill rate. My unit you input the time. Got my new comp seals, should be all set, thanks for the super help. Hopefully, I can help someone in return some time.

Mike

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks