Toto ECO Drake II 1.28 GPF

Users who are viewing this thread

Cal Gal

Reaction score
Terry, could you please rate the Toto ECO Drake II 1.28 GPF toilet; am trying to decide whether to buy the Toto or the Eljer Titan (either the 1.6 or 1.28), both are ADA compliant.

Cal Gal

Reaction score
Thanks Redwood, the flyer from the plumbing supply store uses the description as "ECO DRAKE II 1.28 GPF TOILET", my guess that it is a 'newer', ECO-friendly version of the 1.6 gpf Drake II? Any product will be better than the old Samosa 1.6 we have now!

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
The Drake II I linked above has a lot of good features.
It's the taller version so it is a lot easier to get on and off of...
It's got CEFIONTECT which helps keep the bowl clean.
And it has the Double Cyclone flush which offers a great bowl wash keeping things clean.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
The comparing a Drake (any model) with an Eljer is like comparing a Lincoln with a Yugo. They're both toilets, but after that, there is no similarity.

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The 1.6 Titan and the Drake II 1.28 both have similar performance.
Looking at both side by side, my customers have been picking the Toto. It looks like it's finished off much better.
The quality of the construction stands out.
The Drake II also has CEFIONTECT, which is very nice.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The Eco Drake and the Drake II are two different toilets. The original drake used 1.6g. The eco drake uses 1.28g. The drake II also uses 1.28g, but has a different bowl design (the dual cyclone flush verses g-max). So, they all work, I think they are all still made (not sure for how long), but the drake II is the newest.

lisa777777

Reaction score
We are replacing our 1940's toilet -- i.e., great flushing. How will the Drake II compare? Went into a local plumbing supply store today and the salesperson said the Drake II is very new (6 months) and used to have a different name. Is there a lot of experience using this toilet out there? Thanks!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks