Can Oxbow washing machine valve be repaired?

Users who are viewing this thread

comfun1

Reaction score
I am building a new home and when I hooked up the washing machine the oxbow valve on the cold water side drips, not from the hose connnection but from the valve. Is there a way to get this out and repair it without cutting out the drywall?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
A picture of the "oxbow" valve would be beneficial. Some are two piece and can be repaired with a part from a new valve, and others do require opening the wall.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
The problem is finding out who it is made by. Parts may not be interchangeable betwee brands.

Nukeman

Nuclear Engineer
Reaction score
I'm guessing that he is talking about a Sioux Chief Ox Box:

C6962303MF.jpg

BTW: All of the plumbing should have been pressure tested/inspected before drywall. I'm assuming that this step was skipped or did it not leak before and just started leaking now?

Last edited:

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
I don't have any information about the Oxbow valve, but if your only concern is cut out a piece of drywall, you really are overly concerned. Patching drywall is one of the easiest home repair jobs there is. I won't waste time (mine or yours) detailing how it's done, it's no big deal.

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
I always place access panels below my washing machine valves for this very purpose.

Rather than repatch the drywall, you might consider putting an access panel there instead.

comfun1

Reaction score
The problem is finding out who it is made by. Parts may not be interchangeable betwee brands.

Yes, it is the Sioux Chief Ox Box and it was pressure tested with the valve in the off position. The drip only occurs when the washing machine is hooked up and the valve is in the on position. What brand would you suggest that would be a better quality? Thanks for the info and I'm sorry I have not been able to get back to you sooner.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks