Attachments

• K-T14412-4-CP.jpg
    K-T14412-4-CP.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 259
Last edited:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
You could put an access panel beneath the sink, or on the wall behind it, then put shutoffs there.

trinitony

Reaction score
My main shutoff for the bathroom is in the knee wall by the toilet. The wall behind the sinks - is the exterior wall. I guess it won't work for my application then, it sure is purdy though.

But wait, I guess I have to take a look at one in the store and see how it's put together.

Basement_lurker - what you said just convinced me to not consider it...tks...

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
In effect it is the same as your tub/shower valve, and you normally do NOT have any provision for working on the supply lines, because if you do it correctly the first time, they will NOT fail. The only thing that can "go wrong" is if you drill a hole in the pipe.

trinitony

Reaction score
In effect it is the same as your tub/shower valve, and you normally do NOT have any provision for working on the supply lines, because if you do it correctly the first time, they will NOT fail. The only thing that can "go wrong" is if you drill a hole in the pipe.

:D I hear ya! Since posting last night I did some further research. It seems that there's more cons than pros in favor of it. The other complaint the folks have that I'm weary of is the splashing. It's almost liike you have to have it positioned correctly and even have bigger sinks to avoid it. I'll have to seriously give this one some thought...love the look though. Oh, and with a tub/shower splashing is not a concern..lol

trinitony

Reaction score
I looked in google images but didn't really come up with anything.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
The problem is the shape of the sink and the length of the spout. If the sink is a "bowl" as most are, then a short spout will cause the water to hit the side and cascade up the other side.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks