Ducane furnace will not light then shuts down

Users who are viewing this thread

Dean M

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a Ducane Furnace model # MPGA07583A. When I turn on the thermostat the exhaust fan turns on for about 25 seconds then the unit shuts down. The error code blinks 3 times then hesitates then blinks again 3 times. The igniter does not glow and the main fan does not turn on. Right before this problem the igniter would glow, the burners would ignite and the main fan would run for about 25 seconds and then the unit would shut down. The green light on the control then blinks an error code 3 times. I replaced the flame sensor and that did not work.

Any help or ideas on what I might try next or what parts might need replacing would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Dean

Estrogen Hostage

Reaction score
You need a new ignitor. The fan isn't supposed to turn on until the plenum gets warm. It's supposed to shut down the whole thing if the flame sensor doesn't detect anything after ten seconds or so. The ignitor would come on even if the gas valve was bad - so I'd say it's the ignitor.

Dean M

Reaction score
Thanks EH,
I will give it a try and post the results. Do you know of a good site where I can order the part from. Everything I have looked at here locally is super expensive! Thanks again!

Dean

I

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks