connection top of well through casing leaks

Users who are viewing this thread

Dasearcher

Reaction score
I have a deep well 120ft. I replaced the jet well pump because the old one burnt out(wouldn't restart).
The new one wouldn't prime. Discovered that the leak wasn't the bathroom toilet running all day.
Instead I opened the 4 foot wide hole with the Well casing inside and found the injection pipe had rusted through very close to the casing.

I can't find anything online that describes how the PVC coming from the house connects to the 90 degree part that is apparently welded to the casing and goes down the well hole.

I don't fit in the hole to work on the pipes and my wife has to work on taking the connections apart.

There appears to be 2 different size nuts at the well casing, but they almost look welded together. Hard to see 5 feet down in the 4 foot hole.

The Casing pipe is about 8 inches in diameter.

I'm hoping someone can point me to the name of these parts so when I go to the plumbing supply store I don't look like a complete idiot.

Thanks Dan
Home owner handy man.

Dasearcher

Reaction score
Ok got the connection apart. Brass male connection out through the Steel Well Casing(8in dia). Leaky (broken) steel threaded pipe to a Brass barb into PVC pipe through the concrete well 4ft pit into basement.

Headed to the plumbing supply store to find a better connection to replace the steel pipe.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks