air in water lines, well and gas hot water heater

Users who are viewing this thread

suemax

Reaction score
I have air in water lines. It seem to have happen after a gas AO Smith water heater was installed .

Inspektor Ludwig

Journeyman/Inspector
Reaction score
Is this a statement or a question? Are congratulations in order? What you have is normal and will go away. That cloudy looking water is just little tiny air bubbles and the banging and that comes from your faucet when you turn it on is just air finding it's way out, that will go away too.

suemax

Reaction score
Is this a statement or a question? Are congratulations in order? What you have is normal and will go away. That cloudy looking water is just little tiny air bubbles and the banging and that comes from your faucet when you turn it on is just air finding it's way out, that will go away too.

"The air in water lines won't go away. It has occurred for several months. Thanks"

Nukeman

Nuclear Engineer
Reaction score
I doubt it is related to the WH. You may have a leak on the suction side of your well pump and that is putting air into the system when the pump runs. What type of pump is it?

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
I agree that you probably have a leak, which is most likely in your well.

If you have a galvanized pressure tank, it is also possible that the problem is a faulty air volume control on the tank.

suemax

Reaction score
" How can I determine if my 140 gallon AO SMITH AQUA-AIR water system tank is defective and source of my air in my pipes? How can I determine if the well is the source of my air in the system? Either problem is an expensive fix. I would like to isolate the source of the problem so I can spend my money on the right fix! THANKS

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
There is no way for a pressure tank to create air.

If this problem has been going on for the time you mentioned, it is most likely a leak in the pipe that goes down to the submersible pump.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks