Can mice enter sealed room boiler from outside the house?

Users who are viewing this thread

Sprinkler

Reaction score
I have a problem with mice getting inside a sealed room boiler - I have sealed the garage door and some other possible entry points around the garage, but I was wondering if it might also be possible for a mouse to climb into the boiler through the horizontal flue, which is only a couple of meters or so from the ground outside. Or I was also wondering about the copper overflow pipe, which I think is either 15 or 19 mm?? Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
Are you sure they are just not sealed in there now?

Check any cardboard boxes. They like living in those.

mm means you are from across the pond. Welcome!

Sprinkler

Reaction score
Thanks. Just wondering if it would be possible for a mouse to get in through the flue and then into the garage, bearing in mind that they can get in through very small spaces. I don't know if a mouse would be able to get all the way.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks