Stink bugs!

Users who are viewing this thread

Cookie

Reaction score
I saw yesterday the first stink bug of the season in my livingroom. Now, when I first was introduced into these things, I hated them. Or just an intense dislike. BUT, now, after seeing them under a microscope I realize the beauty of them. On a slide, they look like a beautiful Asian carpet. I am now, quite fond of them. And, I catch them alive to put them outside. So, like my son said, they can come back in later, lol. Or pay a visit to my neighbors. They love me and appreciate my love of things.

Although, I feel badly when I read they are destroying the farmers crops.

Anyone else like looking at them? :)

Last edited:

TJanak

Reaction score
There is a product called Baythroid that I spray on my tomatoes, peas, etc. and it makes the most lovely looking stinkbugs I've ever seen.

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
I have been lucky so far.

The stink bugs are not here this year Yet.

The Mosquitoes are also missing.

I think the dry weather has helped to keep the pest away.

I do have a bunch of Frogs and lizards this year tho. They are cool and eat bugs.

TJanak, when you say;
"There is a product called Baythroid that I spray on my tomatoes, peas, etc. and it makes the most lovely looking stinkbugs I've ever seen."

Does it make them Dead, or how are they lovely looking ?

DonL

Cookie

Reaction score
Sounds like an insecticide to me, lol. that is funny.

If I was there, I would yell, " run little stink bugs, RUN!"

Last edited:

TJanak

Reaction score
Don, it is an insecticide that I use when I have to. My wife has a couple hundred tomato plants among other things that she grows and sells the produce. Stink bugs and leaf-footed bugs (same family) are pretty heavy this year, as most years. They do more cosmetic damage than anything.

As far as the mosquitoes, it has been too dry here for them. I work often around the Danbury/Chocolate Bayou area in Brazoria County south of you and there are always mosquitoes there. Even last week they were pretty bad after dark.

Cookie

Reaction score
Interesting, they are also, in the Phillipines. This year, the ratio of them has been down in my local area. I saw only one so far this summer.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks