(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: low pressure at vents

Quote Originally Posted by Hube View Post
    25 supplys at 6" apiece adds up to (28" x 25= 700 inches of air. But the main is only 8x20= 160 inches. That means the MAIN DUCT is much TOO SMALL to handle this amount of supply takeoffs.
    You need a pro to come in and size the supply AND return properly.
    I have already had 4 supposed pro's out here, I cant afford anymore pro service calls!! That's why Im here. Do you think if I had the money I would come to a forum for help?? Everyone I had out here said everything was fine, what a waste of my money.

it seems to me that gator37 is the only one that has truly given me any real answers, and didnt give me the run around like all the other service pro's I had out here. So thanks again gator37, I really appreciate it

Yes ,Gator37 has given good advice. it's the same advice given by me and some others .
    Your MAIN TRUNK duct is either not large enough to supply those 25 6" takeoffs.
    Or it also could be that those 6" takeoffs are not required. Pehaps 4" or 5" would be sufficient to supply these rooms.. i have been in Hvac for almost 50 yearsand I know what i'm talking about.
    Get a real pro to come in and look it over. this time call in an hvac rep, not any old plumber/carpenter or butcher, but a real live hvac (heating/ cooling)pro, not a "supposed" pro.

Again, if I could find a real pro I wouldnt be here. The first one was the guy who put the system in, and the other 3 I found out of the phone book, all local guys too. You act like Im looking through the newspaper or I'm just calling anyone who thinks they can do hvac work, Im calling straight out of the phonebook. Isnt that people normally do, use the phone book?? I got more info from emailing gator37 than here is what I was trying to say. I know the 6" ducts arent the problem because I have shorter runs that are also 6" and they still dont get enough pressure, so it has to be the supply duct and or the return duct
    Last edited by toohott7718; 10-03-2010 at 04:33 PM.