Need help on accessing drain pan

Users who are viewing this thread

ineedhelp

Reaction score
Okay, we have a musty smell coming from our a/c unit. From what I've read, it could be water collecting in the drain pan or the growth in condensate line. I did the easy thing first and checked the condensate line. No sign of a blockage. I added a cup of bleach followed by 2 cups of water. I was hoping this would help wth the smell. It hasn't. The other thing I was told to check was the drain pan. My question is how do I access it. I've attached a pic of my unit. Yes, the filter size is too big. I can't seem to find the right size at any local store, so I decided to put a bigger one rather than a smaller one. Anyway, back to the point.... The furnace is on top, the air handler in the middle, and blower on the bottom. I see some screws for the panel for the air handler, but can I remove it due to the fact that the refrigrant lines and condensate lines are attached? Or do I remove the furnace panel and look down? Even if I do that, will I be able to see the drain pain. I removed the filter and looked up. I could see the coils, but that was about it. I tried to see if I could find a manual or something for this particular air handler, but nothing came up. Its 10+ years old. Or is this better left to a professional.

Attachments

• IMG_2472.JPG
    IMG_2472.JPG
    82.8 KB · Views: 358

ineedhelp

Reaction score
It is a U.S. A/C product, model USM330AP, PART NO. 813330AP. When I googled the model number, it directed me to First Co. I did a quick search and all it tells me is to maintain the drain pan, but not how to access it.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks