Manifold sizing to main pex line

Users who are viewing this thread

wayno12

Reaction score
Hello everyone. This site is a world of information, but I need some help. I am planning the installation of a outdoor wood boiler, and the salesman is telling me to run a 1" main line 85' from the outdoor stove to a 1 1/4" manifold in the house. This manifold will feed 1" line to a water to water hot water heater then continue on to a 185K BTU water to air exchanger. Second, a 1" line will run from the manifold 104' to a small bunkhouse which will heat 2 rooms 600 sq ft. each, using 2- 11K BTU wall mounted fan assisted water to air heaters, plus another water to water exchanger for the water heater in the bunk house. A 3rd 1" line will come off the manifold and go to a water to water heat exchanger for a swimming pool 90' feet away from the manifold. The swimming pool heater will not be operated along with the other system except for maybe in the late spring at pool start up, and fall near pool closing. I am looking at a Central Boiler E-Classic 2400 as my heat source. Does this sound like a reasonable setup as far as trunk lines (I think that's what the main lines are called) are concerned and the manifold is concerned? Will 1" main line from the boiler supply enough volume for two or three 1" lines branching off this 1 1/4" manifold in the way I have described? And finally, is a 1 1/4" manifold necessary since main line in is only 1" and all lines exiting the manifold are 1"? Any help at all would be tremendously appreciated!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks