Toto Dartmouth

Users who are viewing this thread

thegreenman

Reaction score
dartmouth_pedestal.jpg

Toto Dartmouth toilet and pedestal

Hello, I am a diy'er looking at a toto Dartmouth (or similar style) toilet for a master bath in my house. This is with an elongated bowl in white (cotton).

I've seen the reviews/comments on this toilet and it seems like the one I want to get, if this price seems fair IF it's also a quiet flusher.
The bathroom this toilet is going in is really close to the bedroom and the seperating door is a pocket door so there is minimal sound dampening. This toilet MUST be quiet.
If anyone has other suggestions for an ada type elongated toilet that would be quieter and still work well Please let me know. I now have toilets from 1978, so I expect there will be alot of culture shock, when switching to the new 1.6 gallon toilets. I want to make sure the toilets I get are the best possible flushers.

Also;

I'd also be interested in one of the dual flush toilets, but can't seem to find any here at all, much less find one to match my antique bathroom style.

Thanks for any help you all could provide.

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The Dartmouth toilet is very similar to the Toto Drake toilet, just fancier.
Comments on the Drake can be found here.

Some think it's fairly quiet, and some notice the sound of the water leaving the trapway at the end of the flush. There are plenty installed in master bathrooms though. It would be one of my choices.

Performance is good. Quaility is right up there.

Local Toto dearlers can be found on the Toto web site.
For the Seattle area, I sell them from my shopping cart and by phone.

I don't know of any traditional style dual flush toilet yet.
Most are more modern.

cst754_tk.jpg

Last edited:

thegreenman

Reaction score
Thanks Terry

Any other suggestions for a traditional looking toilet? My bathroom decorative fixtures like towel rods and such are all of the Williamsburg line from American Standard. They have the white porcelain handles which go with our cottage house look. Thanks to this website I didn't buy their toilet.

I purchased the Dartmouth today, for what I think is a very fair price. this may be atypical, but the dealers in my area had a HUGE price difference, we are talking over $100 difference from one shop to the next. The dealer I actually bought from is not even listed in the TOTO dealer directory. It seems that noone here stocks TOTO but the distributor does because It'll be in tomorrow afternoon to pick up.

Last edited:

thegreenman

Reaction score
Picked it up today

I Picked up my Dartmouth today!!! I will be installing this weekend... woot!

My wife thinks I'm nuts for spending $200 more than a cheap warehouse store toilet. But we have a $2,500 dollar custom bathroom vanity with a granite top, $1100 in porcelain tile, why not get a good grade toilet to go with it?

I'll post a pic after installation.

toto-dartmouth-toilet.jpg

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Exactly!

I laugh when I think of all those guys driving home in their $90,000 cars to their bargain toilets and $9.99 plunger.
How nice to be greeted at the door by your wife as she hands you the plunger.

And it looks nice.

cst754_minch_zoom.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks