(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Supply Line to Tank Size

Question Supply Line to Tank Size

I finally have the pump down the well and the line ran to the house. Now, at my house I have the mechanical equip (Geo Pumps, Hot Water Tanks, Purifiers) on the opposite side of the basement from where the poly line from the pump comes through the wall. So therefore I want my pressure tank on that side of the basement as well, just to keep all the equipment together.

I ran the 1" poly pipe through the wall and then connected it to 3/4" supply line for the run over to the pressure tank on the other side of the basement.

Is there going to be any issues with reducing the 1" poly pipe down to 3/4" line on the way to the pressure tank? Being that 3/4" is normal supply line for the whole house, I wouldn't think it would matter. Any thoughts?

It all depends on how much water you are trying to push down that 3/4" pipe. If your pump doesn't make over 15 GPM, you should be OK. But even 15 GPM is a lot for 3/4" pipe.