Shower drain problem

Users who are viewing this thread

helena

Reaction score
Hi!
This is a last ditch attempt before I just give up and yank the entire stall out... I noticed water pooling around the basement stall after taking showers. I looked at the drain and noticed the flange was cracked. I've removed it but now cannot find a suitable replacement part. It looks like a standard 2" ABS pipe, but the problem is with the threads. The female threaded part is still there and fine, so my understanding is that I only have to replace the gaskets and fit a new top part (with the grid part). Problem is, none of the male parts have the proper threads for the female part. They lock on but ''skip'' and pop out as I try to screw it in. This shower was put in about 25 years ago. The stall is in great shape and we just remodeled the entire bathroom, so I'd hate to replace it now. There is no floor or back access unless I take out the stall. Thanks for any insight.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks