Iron problems now questions...

Users who are viewing this thread

ottoman45

Reaction score
Hi my place had a very bad Iron and Sulphur problem that my landlord is trying to resolve with the installation of a "Clack 10x54" I believe it airates the water to remove iron.

The problem now is my water has a "frothy head" on it. This is fine for a Guinness but for my water I'm kinda concerned.

My landlord installed it himself and didn't have the company that did the testing do the install. Is this something I should worry about? Was it an install problem or will this go away with time?

I do have to say it is nice to get out of the shower without smelling worse then when I got it for once.

jimtum

AAW
Reaction score
You may want to ask this question in the water softener forum, you might find more experience there. I have noticed this on occasion and have heard different opinions from sulphur to contaminants in the well water. Perhaps you could post on the other forum and get another answer it might be good. I do know that if you oxidize a contaminant then you also want to filter it and if there is only a tank that oxidizes and not one to pick up the solid particles then this may be your problem. Good luck hope to see you on the watersoftener forum.

ottoman45

Reaction score
thanks for the input... I called the company and found out this normal sometimes and it clears up in a few days. They were right it did clear up in about 24 hours :)

Now my water doesn't taste horrible or smell anymore I am so happy... and yes I do have a whole house filter with a charcoal and sediment cartridge after the iron breaker.

ottoman45

Reaction score
I don't think the filter is doing much of anything anymore. The water comes out of the iron breaker nice and clear, taste and smell free as well.

This is the last cartrige i have left for the house filter. I looked at it last night and the only thing it seemed to have trapped was some loose media from the iron breaker. I'm going to leave it in for a few more days to make sure all the loose media doesn't go through the house before removeing it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks