RainSoft AQ40T o-ring replacement (to start)

Users who are viewing this thread

mjdamore

Reaction score
Finally I MUST fix water softener. Symptoms lead to advice to replace 5 o-rings. Only have owners manual but no diagrams, etc. Where are the o-rings in such a unit? With a diagram, I know I can fix it.

mjdamore

Reaction score
Pictures of AQ40T Rainsoft

Are these pictures OK?

Attachments

• IMG_3527.jpg
    IMG_3527.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 3,002
  • IMG_3529.jpg
    IMG_3529.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 2,065
  • IMG_3528.jpg
    IMG_3528.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 1,968
  • IMG_3526.jpg
    IMG_3526.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 6,580

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
But the valve for your softener is of an older style that I am not sure if there are still parts for it..

While they may not have the o rings they still might be found at a place like True Valve hardware store. I found o rings to repair a bypass valve..

I do have a manual on that ,, but it is hard copy and not a pdf file...

There is one piston with what is listed as 3 O rings, that is under the two white wheels, then there is the two flappers that are just to the right of that piston.

Attachments

• Rainsoft 1.jpg
    Rainsoft 1.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 5,330
  • Rainsoft 2.jpg
    Rainsoft 2.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 2,136

mjdamore

Reaction score
Thanks a lot - this is the 1st parts diagram I've ever seen for this unit. This looks very close to what I have. If this doesn't work, then I'll replace the control unit.

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
The valve stayed the same while the control changed.

The scann is from a book that I got my hands on some 15 years ago while I was working for a company that is now out of business but had me start my own years ago.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks