(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bellevue High School Reunion 1970, September 10th

Do you think it might be that moustache? kind of clashes with the red stilettos?

Forum Admin, Expert Plumber Terry's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Bring someone, and the floodgates will open.
    Moustache? I just don't see it. Check back to the first page and check the pic I just added, that was thin.

This is now. This is about 200 pounds.
    My daughter Amy is standing behind me.
    Last edited by Terry; 09-20-2010 at 10:23 AM.

Yikes... nice pic lol.

See it now?
    Last edited by Cookie; 09-10-2010 at 04:34 PM.

Were you married yet at 26? I got married at 26...
    no wait, I was 27.
    Last edited by Cookie; 09-12-2010 at 04:48 AM.

Blog Entries

Married at 22.
    That was way too young, but so many of us were getting married that young.
    I had two kids by the time I was 26.

I didn't have 2 kids but I had 2 degrees by then, kids came later... first one at 30.

and, then a mountain of debt.
    Last edited by Cookie; 09-12-2010 at 04:48 AM.

yet, I think you got more of an education than I did... 26 and 2 kids? Yikes...

Yeah, back then my friends were getting married early, those who didn't go to college. I never wanted to get married, until, I met "him" then, I shamefully, asked him to "marry" me. I proposed, lol. Kind of different I reckon.

I liked him.

You wonder when in high school what you will be, who you will marry, or how many kids you will have.

I remember on one invite, it said, stupidly said in my books, " Did you measure up?" There was a theme, oh, boy, and they wanted to know if you did what you wanted to do by what was written in your graduation yearbook.

I wrote in mine, that I wanted to teach. I kept it quiet what kind of teacher I wanted to be all through school for I didn't want anyone to make fun of me. So, I wrote ... I wanted to teach.

I fulfilled that.

However, I think my greatest accomplishment was in being my husband's wife. He was something special. And, then, having my sons. They are just like their dad. I couldn't ask for more...

So, if I ever attend one of those mateless functions, I will answer... yeah, I measured up, using my late husband and my sons as the yardstick. They were and are great.

* you do look good in swimtrunks.
    Last edited by Cookie; 09-10-2010 at 05:16 PM.

Blog Entries

In this picture, I think Sandy is 25 at this time, Amy on the left and Jame in the middle. Cathy on the right is maybe 23 with her son on the right.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Amy still looks the same! Honestly, she hasn't changed, that is a cute picture. Beautiful family, even though Jamie is bald ONLY kidding Jamie! I am sure you got some hair there. lol. Wait, you still don't have hair! I saw those pics of you performing. You always look good.

Isn't is a funny feeling when you see your kids sooo young?
    Last edited by Cookie; 09-12-2010 at 04:49 AM.

So, Terry, you going to have anymore kids?
    You could take them to the next reunion.

Blog Entries

Done with my own kids. Grandkids are okay,

Hospital called, on my way out the door. I talk to those who need help dealing with the big C. Later.

All went well. This man had colon cancer Terry, and I told him, he would be fine, cause I know someone who has battled it, and is doing great! That someone was you... So, this picked up his spirits and when he versed his concerns about having "relations" someday, asking me if this would be possible, I knew he would fine. I told him, I do not volunteer for that, no test runs, and he laughed until, I saw tears in his eyes. He is fine. That makes me feel good. See, you help people here Terry and don't even know it, so many miles away even.

I forgot to tell you the most important part of tonite being there with him. I have to break the ice by talking to them, usually, I ask, silly questions like, " I bet you want to get out of here, eh?" but, tonite, since he was our age, I asked, " been to any high school reunions, lately?" first he said, " what?" which was good, because they ( the hospital) told me he would not respond to anyone for any reason, he wouldn't talk to anyone, not even his wife. I said, " gotcha" after he said, " what?"

It led into a long conversation with him doing most of the talking. He told me I was smart, and I told him, nah, under this dark hair lies the heart of a true blonde.

He loved talking about his high school days and how he played football & getting all the girls. The nurses walked by hearing us laughing and they were peeking in along, with the doctor.

So, it was a good thing. Thanks for a most useful topic.

He asked me to come back and see him again. All went well.
    Last edited by Cookie; 09-10-2010 at 08:07 PM.

Blog Entries

Thanks for the heart warming story Cookie,
    My 40th reunion went really well. It was so nice to see everyone. When the DJ asked for a last song, I suggested "We are family" which many of us danced to as our end of the evening. There were a few others that thought that it was a good choice for our group.
    I'm always very impressed with the people I went to school with, very sharp individuals.
    And good conversation no matter which group I joined. The talk tonight was to make it every five years now, we are getting older and 68 seems a long ways off.

And yes, the Cancer subject came up, which surprised them, I am feeling much, much better.
    But then, it's 100% gone, so why not be feeling good.