Bellevue High School Reunion 1970, September 10th

Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The Bellevue High School Reunion is on the 10th of September this year for the class of 1970.
http://www.reunionswithclass.com/ReunionInfo.asp?RID=1280

http://www.reunionswithclass.com/pdf/invite1280.pdf

40 years, zip! that went by fast.
It didn't seem that long ago I was working in a bicycle shop after school and drudging my way through high school waiting for life to begin.
There were some fun times, but you know it only gets better after you're out of school doing what you really wanted to do.

I'm looking forward to seeing some of my former classmates though. It's always fun to catch up.

Friday, September 10, 2010
6:30 PM - 12:00 AM
Cocktail Buffet
The Woodmark Hotel, Marina Room
1200 Carillon Point, Kirkland, WA 98033
Attire: Evening Casual

bellevue_skyline3.jpg
The city of Bellevue

Casual, that will be me, wearing jeans and a long sleeved shirt.
Afterall, it's still high school.

terry_reunion.jpg

I'm 200 pounds on the left, and 155 on the right.
A bit has changed, though I'm a little taller then I was in High School too.

How many of you have been going to reunions, and how did you like it?

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
seahawks_821_terry_taylor.jpg

Terry and Taylor.
Taylor is in Boston going to school at Wentworth Institute of Technology
Taylor does look the most like me at that age.

Last edited:

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
We had our reunion back in August.

I enjoy going to them. It's funny but even people that didn't get along back then seem to be pretty glad to see the others and probably spend more time talking to each other that one evening than through 4 years of high school. We started having them every 5 years to give everyone more chances to hook up. We also have several mini-reunions each year where the locals and any visiting from out of town descend on a restaurant to hang out together we organize these by e-mail. Usually anyone coming in from out of town can expect a mini-reunion if they let us know they are coming...

Cookie

Reaction score
Nice Picture Terry. Personally, I never go to them, never will go to them, not a one...I went to an all-girls high school and the girls were geeky, you will see on the picture. I am the girl way in the back, with too much hair and too much bangs with her arms crossed impatiently waiting to get out of there... the one in the back of the girl with the crazy eyes, lol.

I would never make that trip back home, :)

I just noticed something after all these years, I am the only one with bangs, lol. I still got bangs, lol.

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Redwood,
That sounds like a good idea, the mini ones.
I do notice how much you talk to people that you didn't really see much before and how glad they are to connect. A little sad too to see the pictures of the ones that aren't with us.

Cookie,
You mean the one on the right of the photo?

bellevue_skyline3.jpg

Bellevue, 54 years later. Looking at Bellevue from the Seattle side, and from the South on I-405

Melvin Love also chaired the meetings in 1953 at Enatai Elementary School down the street from our home, to put together the structure and zoning for the City of Bellevue. When he was done, he drove down to Olympia and bought the license that turned Bellevue into a city, he carpooled with Ken Day who bought a city license for Clyde Hill.
He had previously lived near Woodland Park in Seattle, and didn't want Bellevue to look like highway 99 as it went North past Green Lake. Bellevue became a city with no billboards, zoning for commercial and residential, and large super blocks for high rise in the downtown core. This was all decided in those early fifties meetings done at Enatai. He became mayor of Bellevue shortly after.

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
why is my pictures so big?

Yeah, I am in the back, white blouse, full bangs, lol. the only one who knew how to cross their legs, too, :)

Cookie

Reaction score
Anyways, I've been getting invites to one coming up, right down my road at the Hotel. Plus, on the invite, they don't want you to bring your spouse or a date. That is no fun... and, bring your own bottle. Now, I don't drink, so what do I do, bring a bottle of Pepsi?

Cookie

Reaction score
I was born with 1950 shampoo hair, big hair. My son just breezed by and I said, " which one is me Bri from high school?" He looks and he picked out the girl with the long dark hair on the side! I guess that looks like me these days...

How funny. I said, " you don't know your own mom." Shame on him. It was only 38 years ago. :)

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Anyways, I've been getting invites to one coming up, right down my road at the Hotel. Plus, on the invite, they don't want you to bring your spouse or a date. That is no fun... and, bring your own bottle. Now, I don't drink, so what do I do, bring a bottle of Pepsi?

That doesn't sound like much fun.

Some of the early ones we had as part of the reunion weekend a Sunday BBQ picnic at the beach and even the kids were included in those. Once we stopped having so many young ones we stopped doing that. For those of us that remained in the area It was kind of neat to see that our kids were also friends at school.

We usually do a Friday nite meet n greet at some bar with Hors d'œuvre's come on in as you arrive, Saturday nite dinner and dancing, and a Sunday BBQ from noon til....

Cookie

Reaction score
So, Terry you were 50 pounds lighter in high school?

I pretty much stayed between the 108 seen there, and 118. Except for one time, when I was put on steroids for cancer, I developed muscles, a moustache and weight, lol. But, the muscles are impressive, Nair helped the moustache, and thank you to weight watchers! lol.

Red, I would had loved it years ago, if they had a BBQ and you could had brought your kids. I would had loved to had shown them off. ( plus, my good looking husband I had) :)

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I was 155 until I was 29. Then at 40 I gained an inch and was up to 180.
It took another 15 years to add the next 15 or 20 pounds, but at my recent 166, that was way too thin.

Reunions should always have the option of bringing mates.
What the heck are they thinking?!!

Below is 1978, 26 YO climbing up to dive off from the top bar of the back rest.

terry_1978_lifeguardchair.jpg

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
Terry, maybe I will go and take a date and see what happens. :) Could you imagine all the commotion? lol.

On second thought, I have no one to take... :(

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
Do you think it might be that moustache? :) kind of clashes with the red stilettos?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Bring someone, and the floodgates will open.
Moustache? I just don't see it. Check back to the first page and check the pic I just added, that was thin.

cd_719_terry_2.jpg

This is now. This is about 200 pounds.
My daughter Amy is standing behind me.

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
Were you married yet at 26? I got married at 26...
no wait, I was 27.

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Married at 20.
That was way too young, but so many of us were getting married that young.
I had two kids by the time I was 26.

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
I didn't have 2 kids but I had 2 degrees by then, :) kids came later... first one at 30.

and, then a mountain of debt.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks