(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Bellevue High School Reunion 1970, September 10th

Hybrid View

Forum Admin, Expert Plumber Terry's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Bellevue High School Reunion 1970, September 10th

The Bellevue High School Reunion is on the 10th of September this year for the class of 1970.
    http://www.reunionswithclass.com/Reu...o.asp?RID=1280

http://www.reunionswithclass.com/pdf/invite1280.pdf

40 years, zip! that went by fast.
    It didn't seem that long ago I was working in a bicycle shop after school and drudging my way through high school waiting for life to begin.
    There were some fun times, but you know it only gets better after you're out of school doing what you really wanted to do.

I'm looking forward to seeing some of my former classmates though. It's always fun to catch up.

Friday, September 10, 2010
    6:30 PM - 12:00 AM
    Cocktail Buffet
    The Woodmark Hotel, Marina Room
    1200 Carillon Point, Kirkland, WA 98033
    Attire: Evening Casual

The city of Bellevue

Casual, that will be me, wearing jeans and a long sleeved shirt.
    Afterall, it's still high school.

I'm 200 pounds on the left, and 155 on the right.
    A bit has changed, though I'm a little taller then I was in High School too.

How many of you have been going to reunions, and how did you like it?
    Last edited by Terry; 09-20-2010 at 04:31 PM.

Senior Robin Hood Guy Ian Gills's Avatar

Are you sure that's not a picture of Taylor?

Blog Entries

Terry and Taylor.
    Taylor is in Boston going to school at Wentworth Institute of Technology
    Taylor does look the most like me at that age.
    Last edited by Terry; 09-09-2010 at 07:12 PM.

We had our reunion back in August.

I enjoy going to them. It's funny but even people that didn't get along back then seem to be pretty glad to see the others and probably spend more time talking to each other that one evening than through 4 years of high school. We started having them every 5 years to give everyone more chances to hook up. We also have several mini-reunions each year where the locals and any visiting from out of town descend on a restaurant to hang out together we organize these by e-mail. Usually anyone coming in from out of town can expect a mini-reunion if they let us know they are coming...

Nice Picture Terry. Personally, I never go to them, never will go to them, not a one...I went to an all-girls high school and the girls were geeky, you will see on the picture. I am the girl way in the back, with too much hair and too much bangs with her arms crossed impatiently waiting to get out of there... the one in the back of the girl with the crazy eyes, lol.

I would never make that trip back home,

I just noticed something after all these years, I am the only one with bangs, lol. I still got bangs, lol.
    Last edited by Cookie; 09-12-2010 at 04:44 AM.

Blog Entries

Redwood,
    That sounds like a good idea, the mini ones.
    I do notice how much you talk to people that you didn't really see much before and how glad they are to connect. A little sad too to see the pictures of the ones that aren't with us.

Cookie,
    You mean the one on the right of the photo?

Bellevue, 54 years later. Looking at Bellevue from the Seattle side, and from the South on I-405

Melvin Love also chaired the meetings in 1953 at Enatai Elementary School down the street from our home, to put together the structure and zoning for the City of Bellevue. When he was done, he drove down to Olympia and bought the license that turned Bellevue into a city, he carpooled with Ken Day who bought a city license for Clyde Hill.
    He had previously lived near Woodland Park in Seattle, and didn't want Bellevue to look like highway 99 as it went North past Green Lake. Bellevue became a city with no billboards, zoning for commercial and residential, and large super blocks for high rise in the downtown core. This was all decided in those early fifties meetings done at Enatai. He became mayor of Bellevue shortly after.
    Last edited by Terry; 09-20-2010 at 04:33 PM.

why is my pictures so big?

Yeah, I am in the back, white blouse, full bangs, lol. the only one who knew how to cross their legs, too,

Anyways, I've been getting invites to one coming up, right down my road at the Hotel. Plus, on the invite, they don't want you to bring your spouse or a date. That is no fun... and, bring your own bottle. Now, I don't drink, so what do I do, bring a bottle of Pepsi?

I was born with 1950 shampoo hair, big hair. My son just breezed by and I said, " which one is me Bri from high school?" He looks and he picked out the girl with the long dark hair on the side! I guess that looks like me these days...

How funny. I said, " you don't know your own mom." Shame on him. It was only 38 years ago.