How to repair brokem toliet flg on concrete floor?

Users who are viewing this thread

daren

Reaction score
I broke the toliet flg taking off the old toliet set on a cement floor. I broke the piece were the tie-down bolts go and hoping I don't have to bust up cemrnt and replace flg and closet bend.

My first thought was to use a toliet that son't use the tie-down holes but rather bokt to the floor. Unforunatly I already have a toliet that use the tie-downs.

I am putting a tile floor in so it needs to be rasied some anyway. So my second thought is to glue/bolt a flg spacer on top. I guess I would have to drill tru the old fld and put anchors in the concrete. I will try to atach a pic to show.

Can any one gie me any adxice or a better plan. Thank You for your yime and help.

DRB

Attachments

• P1010640.JPG
    P1010640.JPG
    50.2 KB · Views: 207

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
They make repair rings designed specifically for this. A quick search of the forum using the search function should get you a picture. If you are going to tile the area and the flange needs to be raised, you could use a spacer. Or, you could bust up the concrete and install an new flange.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks