Copper pipe support under kitchen sink?

Users who are viewing this thread

tiringer

Reaction score
I am new to the forum, but could not find any thread on this: after installing my new kitchen sink & remodeling, i have the water supply lines (hot&cold) coming vertically from the concrete floor to a height of 24", then a 90 degree with a 4" branch, and finally the shutoff valves. I am worried if this vertical standoff of 24" is too long for my 1/2" copper lines and they might break with time due to the constant opening and closing of the faucet they supply. Is this okay? If not, any suggestions? Do i need to support the copper pipes close to the valves somehow? Thank you.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
A picture might help. If you're worried, they do make supports specifically for this that would support the pipe at the top of the run. The sink faucet should be tight to the counter or sink, and if it is the shutoffs, those only get used when it is time to repair or replace the faucet, so there should be no regular flex or stress on them unless they get bumped with stuff under the sink.

tiringer

Reaction score
Thank you. Here is a picture showing my unsupported supply lines behind the drainpipe.

Attachments

• IMG_7926_small.jpg
    IMG_7926_small.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 1,394
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks