water line and refrigerator line hook up

Users who are viewing this thread

flygal33

Reaction score
Today I had my new Whirlpool side by side refrigerator delivered and the guys told me they could not hook up the waterline because it was too short...

The water line from the refrigerator does not have that much room to manipulate either...and from where my refrigerator has to be there is not much leeway to access it to hook up...so I told Lowes that if they could not hook up the water line they could take the refrigerator back. They are sending out a crew to look at it since the delivery was not made on a Sunday and that is not the normal guys who deliver...

I remember years ago in my house I had a copper tubing....why I did not take the tubing with me when I moved I have no idea...

So what must happen in order to get this line hooked up? I am sure I will have to buy some sort of tubing....but what kind??

Dorothy

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
If there is a water valve behind the frig, a 6' or 10' braided stainless steel flex line should do it.
I recommend getting a simple sits-on-the-floor water alarm...about $10.

Lowes, HD, etc. have replaced tens of thousands of dollars worth of flooring over the years because they let the delivery moron connec water supplies.@!!!

flygal33

Reaction score
There is a water hook u[ extending from inside the wall ( I live on the second floor of a condo building) but it is only about a ft long...I am thinking that whoever left took the extension line...ugh!! It makes me so mad...When I saw that the water line to the frig was so low and not extending out I knew it was not going to be able to be hooked up...so I take it that Lowes will know what I need?

Thanks for replying earlier

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Good chance that a filter was connected to the short tube, then a longer tube extended to the frig. Most likely you WP sideby has a filter on board, probably behind the grill below the doors.

The water lines are not part of the apartment. A unused water supply should be capped at the wall, and that is how you should expect to find it when you move in.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
There are MANY ways to connect it. If we knew what you had, we could recommend the solution. Sending the refrigerator back is not really one of the solutions.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks