Shower stall reviews?

Users who are viewing this thread

Chillpill

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I was wondering ... is there a noticeable lack of shower stall reviews? I loved all the review action going on for the toilets (and never thought I'd fall in love with a toilet [which I have: Toto Aquila! ... which is going to be hard for me to get where I live!]) but I digress.

I'm wondering if there are any well reviewed or recommended brands for shower stalls?

We have a minor mold problem with our en suite so we are going to renovate it from top to bottom so to speak. New everything (its an old en suite that needs an upgrade anyways).

I'm in Canada and I see that Rona, Home Hardware, Home Depot all carry shower stalls but none of the brands they sell I can find reviewed :-| I'm willing to perhaps order and or drive to the US to pick stuff up if it means getting brands that have good names.

Any recommendations appreciated.

Thank you!

P.S. Any recommendations on hardware (not sure if this is the right word): taps, faucets, knobs etc. as I need to replace taps in the kitchen sink and both bathroom showers/sinks.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
There is such a myriad of shower stalls, that any review site would be voluminous, and probably useless besides. As far as faucets, EVERY plumber has his own preferences and if you ask 10 plumbers you will get 10 different answers and will still have to make your own decision. I prefer the Delta 1700 series for shower/tubs, and Price Pfister for the other uses, but there are cases where Delta, and occassionally, (very occassionally), Moen are supplied.

Chillpill

Reaction score
Hi hj. Oh OK ... so I gather that no brands or models in shower stalls stand out (say like TOTO for toilets)?

I will check out Delta 1700 series, thank you for your recommendation. This is all new to me so a starting point is great to have.

Cheers.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Delta,
Moen,
PP
Grohe to name a few.
All of these maintain web sites for parts.
Many shower stalls are locally made. Every part of the country (Canada too I imagine) would have a different local supply of stalls.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
I have a Lasco tub/shower combo in my master bath and find it to be a very good product. I have a Lasco 32' shower stall in my basement bath which, although very small, is excellent for the use I put it to. I have Delta faucets in both of my baths and the kitchen. It latest one is a Delta 1700 and I really like it. Other brands may be just as good, but my experience is Lasco and Delta.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
I would say on the shower, brands are not the issue...You have several different material choices.....fibreglas, acrylinc a la Sterling Vikrell, solid surface, eg corian and culured marble, simulated stone such as Silestone, and finally a true ceramic tile job. ALL are widely used and acceptable. All have pluses and minuses in terms of longeivty, cleanability, etc.. But I would say that whichever one you find in a style that pleases your wife....THAT is the best one!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks