What color is your toilet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
A while back, made a comment about odd-color toilets, such as puce. Apparently some people must have thought I was drinking! What is puce? Well, it IS a color:

blue-bathoorm.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Achutch

Reaction score
The name "puce" sounds gagging to me!

All of my toilets, the two Toto Drakes at home and the two antiques at Camp are white.

achutch

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Some of mine are a "light green", possibly "mint green". If you want to be conservative, then you will go the "vanilla" route, but Kohler has always been on the cutting edge of colors.

toilet-blue-large-tank.jpg

Peterson

Reaction score
I grew up in Pittsburgh, PA and there was a massive American Standard plant which supplied most of the homes in that region with bathroom fixtures. My neighborhood that I grew up in was buit in the 1930's-40's and neighbors had some odd, but cool retro bathroom colors. One neighbor had a maroon American Standard sink, toilet, and tub, and had maroon and grey tile on the walls and floors. Another neighbor had a lilac purple bathroom with American Standard fixtures, with lilac tile with an edging of black trim around it. I've seen combinations of yellow/grey, pink/brown, and green/black. Our bathroom had yellow and black tile, but had white fixtures.

When I was looking at homes to buy where I currently live right now, I came across a house that had a 1960's-1970's bathroom that had Kohler FLUORESCENT green fixtures, and checkered fluorescent green and raspberry tile on the walls. Even the realtor said it was hideous.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
My Dartmouth in the master bath is bone which matches the tub/shower/basin. My Drake in the basement bath is white. Seems to me that there was a period of time, perhaps the 1950's?, that pastel colors were the vogue. Pink, Green, Yellow, and Blue were quite common. Puce is a dark reddish brown. It may be a shade (pun intended) better than some of the previously mentioned colors, but not much as far as a toilet is concerned. Of course, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so perhaps we shouldn't pass judgment, but don't try to wish a Puce toilet on me.

Dustbunny

Reaction score
The house I'm repairing was built in 1990. I have thrown out the pink toilet and shower but made a lot of effort to save the matching blue toilet and tub.

Eljer . This is the original bath. I moved that giant tub across the hall and built a new bath so I could have a place to connect the vent from the septic sump that had Never been connected to anything ! Got rid of a very small bedroom and made another bigger with a bigger closet.
bluetub.jpg

Regents

Plumbing Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine is a tan color, manufactured by Universal Rundle in January 1974. Please excuse the stains in the trap opening; I'm pretty sure they are hard water or some kind of mineral stains.

20221015_163306.jpg

Reach4

Reaction score
Regents: Iron Out crystals might make a dent in your stain. Pour in the crystals, and let it sit overnight. Smell is not too bad, tho some are bothered more than others. Close the lid overnight.

In the morning, hit it with a toilet brush vigorously, and then flush.

crane-lo-boy-sky-blue.jpg

Regents

Plumbing Enthusiast
Reaction score
Regents: Iron Out crystals might make a dent in your stain. Pour in the crystals, and let it sit overnight. Smell is not too bad, tho some are bothered more than others. Close the lid overnight.

In the morning, hit it with a toilet brush vigorously, and then flush.
Any idea where I can find them? I might try that.

ToiletEnthusiast

Not a plumber, just a plumbing enthusiast
Reaction score
The house I'm repairing was built in 1990. I have thrown out the pink toilet and shower but made a lot of effort to save the matching blue toilet and tub.

Eljer . This is the original bath. I moved that giant tub across the hall and built a new bath so I could have a place to connect the vent from the septic sump that had Never been connected to anything ! Got rid of a very small bedroom and made another bigger with a bigger closet.
View attachment 85072
That's a great color. I wish colors like these would make a comeback, but I don't know that many people feel the same way.

Regents

Plumbing Enthusiast
Reaction score
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Iron-Out-76-oz-Rust-and-Stain-Remover-IO65N/202935842 is a higher price than I am used to. I would normally buy the 152 ounce size. This is for iron bearing deposits. So if the inside of your tank is not orange, then this is probably not the thing.

Pummie pumice is good for deposits that don't come out with chemicals.
The tank does have orange stains and the metal handle, which was installed only two years ago, is coated in rust. I might try the pumice for the deposits on the outer part of the trap opening.

20221016_231619.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks