confused

Users who are viewing this thread

anothony

Reaction score
Hi, this is my first post here but I'm sure it won't be my last. Gas hot water heater started leaking. Repairman shows up turns off gas and water going to heater and will be back in the morning to replace heater. ( It is Sunday ) He also drained the heater but it did not stop draining at all. Even though no water was entering the heater through the cold water inlet it continued to drain. Also noticed when I turned on any hot water faucet in the house cold water came out. I'm guessing that there is a crossed connection somewhere. Any help would be appreciated.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Since the plumber is coming back tomorrow, just turn the tank drain off and let the plumber worry about it.

anothony

Reaction score
I guess I should be more specific. The repairman is the person who installs the hot water heater only. ( union energy ) As far as I know he is not necessarily a plumber and I would rather do it myself as it will cost me nothing to have the heater replaced because it is a rental. Any other repairs might be costly.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks