Champion 4 thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread

NHmaster3015

Master Plumber
Reaction score
My supply house stopped selling Mansfield toilets which though not a top of the line toilet were a good builders model for us as far as price and performance goes. Now they are carrying the campion 4. Anybody had problems with them? Not a big Champion fan from past experience but I have not used this new one yet.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Why not go with Toto Daltons? You've been around this forum long enough to know the quality record for American Standard isn't very good. I realize you want to go cheap, but I don't think there is much price difference and you sure get a better toilet that will not cause you problems.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I would much rather go with the Cadet 3 if you buying American Standard.
The Champion is large, bulky and heavy, and flushes no better then the Cadet 3.
But if you want to lug the weight around, go for it.

Last edited:

NHmaster3015

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Now the Cadet 3 I have experience with and think it's OK but not my favorite. If that's your opinion on the champion 4 I will take your advice. I also thought it looked bigger and bulkier. Am Std claims it will flush just about anything but hey, I've heard those claims many times before. As far as Toto goes, that is what we sell 90% of the time, but I need a resonable quality el cheap O so to speak.

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
I think the Cadet 3 is the business. Put a Korky flapper in it and you're good to go.

NHmaster3015

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I dunno Ian. We bought a pallet load of them a few years back and had enough problems that I have not bought one since. They did seem to flush well though. then again I thought the old wellworth's
were a fairly decent crapper for the money.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
When you drop into builder grade, the returns can kill you.
Ian doesn't see that as an issue, doing things twice.
Me, I like to do things once. And I'm sure my customers like me to get it done the first time. They like me well enough, but it's not a social visit, it's business.
If they take time off from work, it should just be one time.
Kohler has a newer Wellworth, but I would like to see how the new flush valve is working for them. It looks a little gadgety.

Like you Wally, I've been burned by the "returns".

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks