Michael Douglas

Users who are viewing this thread

Cookie

Reaction score
Source: Yahoo news.
http://www.ivillage.com/275034/1-a-275034
I love his movies and am wishing him the best, and he got one THING right... fighting cancer is one of the hardest ******* things you will ever do! it is ******* hard.

Michael Douglas is battling stage-four throat cancer with a rigorous prescription of chemotherapy and radiation. Yet, there he was on television Tuesday night, talking to David Letterman about his disease in a very candid interview on "Late Night."

Appearing gaunt, but remarkably healthy under the circumstances (his silver, tousled hair added a lively element of style to his appearance), the 65-year-old movie star was upbeat, honest, and good-spirited during his "Late Show" appearance. Letterman told Douglas he'd "never looked better."

Douglas, who announced his diagnosis on August 16 (which, he added, was also when he found out he'd be on Letterman's show), said he's just completed his first week of chemo and radiation. The odds are in his favor with an 80 percent or better chance of recovery. More positive news: His cancer remains above the neck.

Though he admitted the treatment "knocks you out real hard," Douglas said "nothing's gone down and the expectations are good." He added, half-jokingly, "It is gonna cut into the foreign promotional tour for ["Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps"] to say the least."

Meanwhile, his wife Catherine Zeta-Jones is fuming at doctors for not diagnosing it months ago.

"It makes me furious they didn't detect it earlier," she told People magazine in its latest issue. "He sought every option and nothing was found."

Zeta-Jones, who has two children with Douglas, said: "The hardest part is seeing his fatigue, because Michael is never tired."

Douglas, who will soon be seen in the hotly anticipated sequel to "Wall Street," told Letterman that warning signs began in early summer when his throat became sore. "I actually went through a litany of doctors and tests. They didn't really find anything," he said.

He went on summer vacation to Spain and Russia with Zeta-Jones and their son Dylan, 10, and daughter Carys, 7. When he returned, doctors biopsied a tumor at the base of his throat and, indeed, found stage-four cancer. Now, "they gotta go at it," Douglas said.

At the end of the interview, Letterman said, "I feel like I wanna do something for ya. Can I do something for ya?" And Douglas said: "You can give me a hug."

The two celebrities embraced in a long, warm hug.

+I need a hug today, send all hugs my way too. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
It took my doctors nine months to tell me I had cancer. I went in thinking something was really wrong, and was told

"Just eat better".

Really? Does that "cure" what I have now?

I just finished up Chemo three weeks ago and started playing softball again.
The bad news, is that Chemo affects memory for a while. I mean..........what was I saying?
I'm coaching the team too, that's a challenge now for me. The muscle memory things I can still do.
I'm hitting .720 this year. That's better then I've ever hit.
Maybe it's because I'm thinking less, and enjoying it more.
I even felt fast for the first time in 9 months last Monday.

The bad news that morning was that the X-Rays taken that morning had two things the doctor didn't like. I'm in line for one more major surgery, but that could be delayed now. I was hoping to recover from that in time for ski season.

cd_823_terry_1.jpg

I love Kirk Douglas as an actor. Always a good time.

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
What? Don't even start me on the memory thing, lol. I can't remember shit. (i feeling like swearing today, :) )

You look very good on that picture you got nice legs and a good staunch. ;) infact... you are damn sexy and cute.

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
No matter what Terry you got to fight it and fix it. I will tell you why.

I remember when my youngest son was 6 years old. He came home one day from school yelling, "MOM! mom! What is a grandmother? Do we got one?"

He didn't know what it was, of if a grandmother was some kind of a kitchen appliance. He had no grandparents at all. Not a one. And, here it was Grandparents Week...

I met an old woman at a neighboring 7-11 and we brought her in. Her name was Flo and she was great. She met all the requirements and my youngest loved her, so we adopted her or she adopted him.

So, hang around pal, like me. I am going to be a grandmother in 2 weeks! Imagine that Terry. And, just for the records, I got great legs, a good staunch, am damn sexy and not dead... :)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks