cant get enough water pressure

Users who are viewing this thread

junktarddreams

Reaction score
every time my power went out i lost prime in my pump. i would prime and get pressure back but pump kept kicking on and off frequently. replaced check valve and old pipe to pump. still not building enough pressure. replace gauge and limit switch. also replaced pressure tank . limit switch is set for 40-60. pump wouldn't build over 50 so i lowered it limit switch settings and it still takes a long time to build enough pressure to shut pump off. the only thing i know to do now is replace the pump itself. anyone have any ideas

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
Sounds like you did the right things to determine the pump is a bit tired. Unless you have a suction leak, get a backup pump and run this one at a lower pressure until it dies. If its a good quality pump it might be rebuilt also, and keep it as the next backup.

junktarddreams

Reaction score
The house was built in 59 and i'm not sure if it is the orginal well or not i think it has been replace once. i guess that would be the nxt step after the pump

jimtum

AAW
Reaction score
What kind of pump do you have? Is it a twin pipe or single pipe suction, and do you know how deep the well is? Also, you probably don't need another well. I would suggest you follow after the pump first. Answer these questions and let go from there if you don't mind.

Masterpumpman

In the Trades
Reaction score
Website
www.dci-inc.us
Jet pumps don't build pressure, the jet builds the pressure! sometimes if the jet assembly is old (been in use for a long long time) the nozzle in the jet is washed out. The nozzle should have only 1/4" hole in it. Replace the jet or just the nozzle. If it's a shallow well (1 pipe to the well) there could be a lift problem, the more lift (further to the water) the less pressure you'll have. My guess is that it's a washed out nozzle!

junktarddreams

Reaction score
i have not replaced the pump yet. but i did clean the nozzle. it is a single pipe to the well. the pump is a sta rite. so far have been keeping water pressure but foind a small leak n my pipe job so i have to pull it all apart and start over agin with thread tape and dope. thanks for everything guys

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks