Hurricane Earl

Users who are viewing this thread

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
This could be close.

map_tropprjpath07_ltst_5nhato_enus_600x405.jpg

Fortunately I have a bronze Zoeller sump pump with battery backup.

Should be more than enough to keep me safe.

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
If it does lurch westward, it will have to take on my Zoeller.

I wouldn't like to be Earl, if that's the case.

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
All I can say is thank God my house is built to American standards.

If I were in England, I'd only have a slate roof to protect me. And they're only good for a hundred years or so.

In the good ol' US of A my house has an asphalt shingle roof. Yippee.

In most countries, with more strigent standards, you'd only put one of those on a garden shed or a cheap garage!

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
All I can say is I wish it was not built to American standards.

If I were in England, I'd have a slate roof to protect me. And they're only good for a hundred years or so.

In most countries, with more strigent standards, you'd only put one of those on a garden shed or a low-cost garage!

So it's not only the Land of the Free, but also the Land of the Cheap!

When was the last time you lost gas or water? Now compare that to the last time you lost power.

Bury the flipping lines!

Last edited:

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
All I can say is I wish it was not built to American standards.

If I were in England, I'd have a slate roof to protect me. And they're only good for a hundred years or so.

In most countries, with more strigent standards, you'd only put one of those on a garden shed or a low-cost garage!

So it's not only the Land of the Free, but also the Land of the Cheap!

When was the last time you lost gas or water? Now compare that to the last time you lost power.

Bury the flipping lines!

As to roofs, its the land of the stupid. What idiot would pile dried up and -drying further daily - oily, asphaltic dregs on the roof of their house? Steel is the way to go, or copper beofre it went haywire. Funny, but sheet lead is still fairly cheap, but not in vogue. Some hungry kid might eat it for a snack.

You cannot practically bury high voltage lines in any country except dense pack urbania.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks