How can you get wire that fell down pump casing

Users who are viewing this thread

STECLS4

Reaction score
Some one stole the copper wire out of the pump house ,and the wire is on top of the pump ,i pulled 40 foot of pipe ,then the pipe gets stuck ,dont no how deep the well is just bought the property 4 1/2 case ,2 1/2 pvc pipe

jimtum

AAW
Reaction score
Look at the control box and that can give you and idea of how deep the pump is, 1/2 up to 120' 3/4 hp to about 220' 1 hp to about 320' and 1 1/2 hp to around 420' You can take a small cable and unwind the wires on one end up to 6 inches and then tape it so it does not keep unwinding. Then take the ends of each smaller cable and make a j on the end of them, run them down the pipe and twist, it should pick up the cable. I have never done it this way before but my friend who does this for the oil field told me it works like a charm.

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
Never heard of 2-1/2 " pipe in a 4.5" hole. Very strange. You can get a well report from the county health dept usually that tells you the wells parameters.

Drop the pump back down and then start fishing- but you have an industrial strength problem on your hands.

The HP vs. depth theory is not particularly helpful to sort out depth with all the combinations of stages combined with HP available.

Too bad they didnt steal the pump too, then you would be better off.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks