Glen Beck's rally

Users who are viewing this thread

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
Glen is a very talented broadcaster and entertainer. He appears to have amassed a mostly conservative group in front of the Lincoln Memorial in my home town on the 47th anniversary of the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr.'s "I Have a Dream" speech.

He says the meeting is not political, so I wonder what it is about?

Any ideas?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I guess Glen Beck originally came from the other Washington, not that far from where I live.
I don't listen to "entertainment" daytime radio anymore. Shock jocks love to get your blood boiling on your day time drives, keeps you focused on your car speakers and not on the drivers around you. It's funny to hear them speak of themselves as "entertainers"

And that goes for both sides of the great divide; conservative or liberal. Some of these guys just like ratings.

I also used to listen to Dr Laura, she was fun to listen to.

As a bye note, I dated a woman for a few months with the last name of King. I don't know how close the relationship may have been, but the family was very proud of the name.

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
I was supposed to be there today, but, my friend couldn't get a babysitter and I didn't want to go alone. Ah, well, would had loved to been there.

Cookie

Reaction score
To honor America, God, and to unify people?

Glen is a very talented broadcaster and entertainer. He appears to have amassed a mostly conservative group in front of the Lincoln Memorial in my home town on the 47th anniversary of the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr.'s "I Have a Dream" speech.

He says the meeting is not political, so I wonder what it is about?

Any ideas?

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
At least it was not about "personal responsibility".

I still don't really understand why Americans are so into that.

If I pay taxes, then I expect the Government to pick up the pieces.

Hurricane Earl is a case in point. It might hit the Northeast Coast. I see some people are stockpiling food and fueling up the generators.

I'm just gonna sit here and wait for the Feds. That's what I pay them for.

That's what you pay them for too.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks