25"x22" Stainless drop-in sink in 27" sink base cabinet?

Users who are viewing this thread

John414

Reaction score
I'm redoing the kitchen counter and under-counter cabinets in a house with limited space. Can I use a 27" wide sink base cabinet for a standard 25" x 22" stainless steel drop-in sink? If I have to use a 30" wide sink base cabinet, the sink will be not be centered on a window and access will be partially obstructed by existing cabinets.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Check the drawing, but my initial guess is no. It depends on the actual interior dimensions. If that 25" is interior, not exterior, then no. If it s exterior (which includes the lip), then yes.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Check some Elkay or Dayton specs. It would be close. The inside measurement of a 27" cabinet is 26". The 25" drop in measures 25 outside edge of flange. The sides of the bowls are probably about 22" so it would be tight but doable.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
If you can mount the sink before installing the top it will work, otherwise you will have a very difficult time installing the side clips on the sink.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks