Slab Foundation Question ??

Users who are viewing this thread

sirgloves

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I recently purchased a home that was constructed on a slab foundation. When you walk into the house there is a small entry way that is approximately 12" lower then the rest of the house, there are 2 steps you need to walk up to enter the core area of the house. I just assumed that there were sleepers installed but when I pulled up the carpet I noticed it was all solid concrete.

My question is , could this be a solid slab that is up to 16" deep in the core area of the house or is there some other explanation for this?

Thanks!

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
It's highly unlikely that the slab is that thick. It's not that hard to excavate the plot to have a depression like that for the entryway. All it takes is some creative form making and rebar bends to hold things together.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks