jacuzzi hydrocell

Users who are viewing this thread

sgngod

Reaction score
Please help,I have a well with 4 jacuzzi hydrocells hooked to it and know nothing about this system.heres my problem,the pump kicks on about every minute when the water is on.according to the pressure gauge,it comes on at 2lbs of pressure and off at 18lbs.besides the inconvience of no pressure i'm worried the pump will fail soon.My questions are these.1)is this just a setting I can change on the pressure switch and how? 2) how do I find out if the hydrocells are good,are these a bladder system?

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
I think those hydrocells are antiques now, but it was a pretty good deal in its day. Yes, your pump will fail soon with that much cycling.

2- 18 psi is a quite odd parameter. You must start with a new pressure gauge.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
I have to laugh when I see those old hydrocells still working. They work similar but are harder on pumps than a Cycle Stop Valve. So when the pump companies try to tell people that a CSV will destroy your pump, I just remind them that there are some old hydrocells still working on the same pumps after 27 or 32 years of service. Kind of proves that a control valve doesn't hurt a pump, and can actually extend the life considerably. Four hydrocells side by side means you probably have a 100 GPM pump? You can replace them with one larger Cycle Stop Valve and get the pressure back up where is should be.

sgngod

Reaction score
thanks for the info,I think limited space was the reason for the hydro cells as they are in a 4' culvert about 15' below grade.

sgngod

Reaction score
I believe your right,I get a few strange looks when I tell people about them.the gauge is fairly new and I think I can trust it.I know the last guy who lived at this property knew less than I do about wells and I know very little.I was thinking he might have adjusted the cut in/out switch.Is that possible?it looks to have a adjusting nut on it.Thanks for your help.I'm trying to help out an older gentelman with a limited income so I will most likely be paying for any repairs and would like to keep the cost down

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Maybe you could post a picture? If they are the ones I am thinking about, you will need to adjust the air pressure as well. Turning a pressure switch up is no problem as long as those valves are working at the right pressure.

sgngod

Reaction score
thanks,i wont be able to get pics until tonight,dont laugh when you see them.i think its a 1965 system and not much has been changed.thanks again

sgngod

Reaction score

Attachments

• DSCF1383.JPG
    DSCF1383.JPG
    49.1 KB · Views: 1,185
  • DSCF1384.JPG
    DSCF1384.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 1,311
  • DSCF1385.JPG
    DSCF1385.JPG
    42.2 KB · Views: 1,181
  • DSCF1386.JPG
    DSCF1386.JPG
    45.7 KB · Views: 1,242
  • DSCF1387.JPG
    DSCF1387.JPG
    19.1 KB · Views: 969
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks