H2Option Siphonic Dual Flush Elongated Toilet by American Standard: good or bad?

Users who are viewing this thread

labmom

Reaction score
I am looking for a toilet that flushes good AND keeps the toilet bowl free of waste and paper after a flush. I think this just came out in North America and has been used in Australia.

Any feedback would be much appreciated!
Looking for a Toilet
in Portland OR

SamC

Reaction score
I don't have any personal experience with it. The flushing videos at the AS web site are impressive, as is the new rim-wash boosting technology. It's the first dual-flush design I have seen with a direct fed jet. Typical dual-flush designs are washdown and have a rather small waterspot. MaP testing shows it will flush 1000 grams in the full flush mode. With the lax quality control, the usual cautions that apply to all AS products should be followed. Find a dealer that will allow you to sort through bowls and tanks until you find ones you are satisfied with. Check that the bottom of the bowl is flat, the rim is level, and all the rim holes are clear, and check all over for glazing defects.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Are you just trying to avoid a Toto? AS is noted for quality issues in there other models, and I see no reason why this model would not be plagued with quality issues as well.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks